Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Winter Transferring Activity


I set up this simple winter transferring activity for O last week. She used the chopsticks to transfer the cotton balls to the ice cube tray. The cotton balls are supposed to represent snow :) This activity promotes fine motor control, one-to-one correspondence, attention to detail, and concentration. O enjoyed doing this activity when I first presented it to her, but she wasn't interested in doing it again. (So it's already back in the Montessori rotation drawer to make room for lots of fun Valentine's Day activities).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for another great and easy idea. I love that so many of your supplies can be used for many different projects. I am amazed by how content my children can be with such simple and quiet activities. I am so happy I found your blog. It has given me a completely different view on how my children can learn. It doesn't have to be as structured as I had it in my mind. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this activity is so easy to prepare! I featured your photo and post in my Montessori-Inspired Winter Activities at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2012/01/09/montessori-monday-montessori-inspired-winter-activities/

    ReplyDelete