Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, March 30, 2008

We Love Fuzzi Bunz!



A friend from a mommy site that I am a member of sold me 15 Fuzzi Bunz diapers and inserts for 36 dollars!!! I am still in shock! They are used, but are in PERFECT condition. She found them at a thrift store for 1 dollar each for the diapers and inserts, and she was kind and generous enough to sell them for what she paid for them (plus shipping). Five are mediums, so we can use those for O now since she still wears a diaper at naptime and nighttime, and the other 10 are smalls that we'll use with our next baby. When O was a newborn, we primarily used prefold diapers since we were new to cloth diapering and didn't know which cloth diapers we'd like best (and we didn't to spend a ton of money, since everyone said I wouldn't stick with it...wrong!) I love cloth diapering, and I honestly can't imagine using anything else (although we did use disposables on occasion...cruise and beach vacations where we did not have access to a washer and dryer). I am so excited that we won't have to use prefolds with our next baby. Although they weren't that difficult to use, fuzzi bunz are much easier, and they are not as bulky. Thanks, Victoria!!! O was a little surprised when I spread the diapers out for a picture, and she insisted on being in the picture!

6 comments:

  1. We are cloth diapering too and using a combo of prefolds and Fuzzi Buns...I can't believe the deal you got. :) Wondering how dealing with the smelly poo and starage before washing. Currently we spray they and put them in a large garbage can with liner and wash every other day. We are having trouble keeping the guest bath from stinking and my husband wants to put the container outside with a screen over the top? Any ideas? We have another on the way and I love cloth diapering but two in diapers??? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried putting tea tree oil in the diaper pail? That helped us a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE FUZZI BUNZ! The HEMP inserts are amazing! no leaks at all!
    You sure got an amazing deal!
    We only wash in Charlies soap, use a dry diaper pail with bag and wash every other day. No trouble!
    Snow White uses one at night, and Belle all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that you don't know me, but I've been a reader of your blog :)and really appreciate all your great ideas!! I have some cloth diapers that I would love to gift to you if you are interested and need of anymore. They are new that my daughter never wore and I may have extra gently used ones to send your way if you like also. You can contact me through my public blog at Branch of Wisdom if you are interested.

    And congratulations on your upcoming blessing! Those last few weeks are so hard but I sit here holding my now 5 1/2 month old and can't believe she's already been here for that long.

    God Bless,
    ~Mrs.Cuddles

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am cloth nappying and i love fuzzi bunz

    come and share you tips and trick with me

    ReplyDelete