Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Joy & Frustration at the Library

I went to the library on Friday after work and was excited to get some new books and an activity kit for O. I was also thrilled to find some great books filled with ideas for things to do with toddlers, and I was especially happy to find First Art: Experiences for Twos and Threes. However, the librarian said I couldn't check it out because it was a reference book. Grrrr! They did let me copy a few pages, so we'll try some of the activities in the next few weeks. I thought this was very strange since another book by the same author was not marked as a reference book and I was able to check it out. Oh, well. I've made a LONG list of things I want to try with O. We are going to be very busy over the next few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. First Art is one of my favorite and most used books -- I love it! :)

    Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I have been reading a lot about Montessori lately, so I have enjoyed looking around your blog too!

    Amy @ Let's Explore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've checked out that book a couple times from my library, it's one I would love to add to my permanent collection. Maybe you can appeal to the librarian or convince them that they need 2 copies?

    ReplyDelete