Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, December 11, 2011

"I Spy" Nativity Ornament

Last year (after Christmas) I bought several sets of tiny ornaments to use for Christmas "I Spy" bottles this year.  About a month ago, it occurred to me that it would be even more fun to make "I Spy" ornaments rather than bottles (since we already have a Halloween "I Spy" bottle).  I'm VERY excited about how this turned out!

To make the "I Spy" Nativity Ornament, you need a plastic ornament that opens in half, tiny nativity ornaments, filler (I use bulgur), and a ribbon.  I filled the ornament with the tiny nativity ornaments and bulgur.  It was hard to get enough bulgur in the ornament without spilling any.  Also, the grain left a little dust so after a day or so, I emptied the ornament and wiped out the inside. 




I refilled the ornament, and glued it shut using craft glue. 




I added a ribbon to the ornament and handed it to E(2) who was waiting anxiously for it! 




(please excuse her dirty fingers...Elliott had just given her an oreo...a rare treat, and it was EVERYWHERE!)   This was my first "I Spy" ornament, and I'll share the 2nd one tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. I love it!

    Did you get the nativity set from Michael's? That's the only place I've seen one that small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a great idea! We love our I spy Bottle.. Now to make these!
    You come up with some fabulous ideas! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I can't wait to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where oh where did you find such a tiny nativity? Thanks for all the great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell us where you got those tiny nativity ornaments!! This is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tiny ornaments came from Michael's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just letting you know that I linked to this post on my page called Nativity Activities for Kids: http://www.zujava.com/nativity-activities-for-kids

    ReplyDelete