Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Handprint Heart Shirts

The girls, my mom, and I recently made handprint heart shirts for Valentine's Day.  I painted their hands using craft paint (mixed with textile medium).  We pressed their hands onto the prewashed shirts to form a heart.


O wanted to fill in between her fingers with paint, but I explained that I wanted to be able to see her handprint.  She wasn't happy about it, but she agreed to not add more paint.


E's heart didn't turn out quite as well as O's, but it's still precious.  E LOVED it when I painted her hands, and I was glad that my mom was here to assist in this process so it wasn't quite as messy as it could have been :)

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! My cousin did a similar project with her daughter and used handprints to make pictures for every month. I think she did them one day at a time though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughters made large T-shirts like this when they were in preschool, and used them as paint shirts. They were still wearing them in high school when doing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you use for the textile medium?? I love this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! I had a similar though to do this for my nursery children at church this weekend. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough though.

    I think I would add: Jesus loves me with transfer paper and have the handprint heart in the middle.

    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this on The Crafty Crow ... adorable. We just did the same thing today on plates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We loved this so much that we featured it in our Valentines themed Tutorial Tuesday. Thanks for a WONDERFUL idea. :)

    ReplyDelete