Chasing Cheerios

Monday, March 21, 2011

Japan Quake Appeal Auction

Here is the auction post...finally! Thank you to everyone who emailed and wrote kind comments concerning the death of my grandmama. It's been a difficult time, but it is a blessing to know that she is no longer suffering. O said "now great-grandmama is a beauty angel flying around heaven."

Both of my girls and I are sick. They have their first ever ear infections, and I can't breathe through my nose and can barely speak. It's easy to put this all into perspective and appreciate what we have when watching the news coverage of Japan. So, here's the auction. Bid away!!! :)

In cooperation with Jo from A Bit of This and That, I am hosting an auction to benefit the victims of the earthquake in Japan. I originally thought I would make something to offer up for auction, but since I haven't been home for more than a couple of hours in the past 2 and a half weeks that's not a feasible option. So, I decided to benefit 2 charities through this auction!

I bought a set of coffee bean earrings and necklace made by women in Guatamala who are seeking shelter from abuse. You can see more about this jewelry and this charity in this post.




To make a bid for this jewelry set leave a comment on this post with your bid amount. Your bid must be higher than the previous comment. You must also leave a valid email address.

Once the auction has closed the winning bidder will be announced and contacted via email. The winner must donate the payment amount to Global Giving and send proof of payment within 48 hours. If proof of payment is not made within 48 hours then the jewelry will go to the second highest bidder.

For help with the donation you can refer to this post (http://jojoebi.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-make-donation.html) The auction is being held on this blog, in cooperation with A Bit of This and That. We are in no way affiliated with Global Giving, that's just our chosen method of getting funds safely to the affected area.

The auction will end on March 31 at 7pm (eastern time).

4 comments: