Chasing Cheerios

Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

O and I made this sign for Elliott last year for his birthday, and I thought I should share it since it was a fun activity and a wonderful keepsake! (Elliott's mom just laminated it for us, so we can use it every year without worrying about messing it up. Thanks, Grandmother!) To make this sign, I took pictures of O holding each letter spelling out "Happy Birthday Daddy." My mom had the stuffed letters that worked perfectly for this project. I then printed the pictures as wallet sizes and glued them to a posterboard. I also traced her hands and cut them out for added decorations! Elliott loved it, but I think I love it more! O also REALLY enjoys looking at the sign and "reading" it :) I'm not sure where this idea came from, but I *think* that I saw something similar in an issue of Family Fun years ago.

2 comments:

  1. it is fathers day here in Australia today and I wanted to do this for fathers day - very similar to your birthday one

    http://brassyapple.blogspot.com/2008/06/as-promised-here-is-our-fathers-day.html

    this one is from the brassy apple.. I love the grandpa one...
    I wasnt organised enough to do it this year :( oh well there is always next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a neat project to do with the kiddos to celebrate Dad! Love it. I think I am going to use this idea and modify it a bit for all of my kiddos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete