Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thrifty Thursday

I haven't done a thrifty Thursday post in a while, so I thought today would be a good day to start back. Last week I was too sick to stop at the thrift store after work (and you know I must have felt bad to not stop by at least for a minute!), and the week before that I took a trunkload full of donations and did not buy a thing! That felt good! Today I bought 4 children's books. At least one will definitely be for cutting up and using in projects, and I know that won't be a problem for me (I HATE to cut books) since it is scribbled in and a few pages are torn. I made sure it was in bad enough shape that I wouldn't mind cutting it up :) I also bought a baby doll car seat for O. She's REALLY into baby doll care lately, and she's going to love it. I can't decide if I should go ahead and give it to her or wait for Christmas. My last purchase was a potty seat with steps, so she can get up on the potty independently. I think she's going to love this, too!


  1. There is really no point to buy children's books new, I have found TONS of great classic books at thrift stores for $.99 a piece! Anyway, I share your love for thrifting!!!


  2. I rarely buy a book new. I have pretty much built my kids a home library with books purchased from the thrift store and garage sales. Most of them look brand new. :)

  3. I love reading your blog and have found some great ideas that I have used in my classroom. It may actually be the blog I frequent the most.
    I had a great thrifty day yesterday as well... do you freecycle? I feel like you would enjoy it if you have not yet tried it.

  4. We love the potty seat with steps and actually skipped the little potty phase, going directly to this. Who wants to clean a little potty anyway?!