Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Spinny Speller


We LOVE the Spinny Speller!!! Amy from Let's Explore sent O a Spinny Speller as a "big sister" gift, and we "play" with it everyday. We leave it on our kitchen table and have fun making real and nonsense words during our meals. O has become VERY interested in sounded out words since we've had the spinny speller, and I've heard her on many occasions trying to sound out words that she sees around our house.

The Spinny Speller is 5 inches long and is made of hardwood. It has 3 four sided blocks that can be used to make 3 dozen "real" words and countless "nonsense" words :)

7 comments:

  1. We have this and love it as well. A tip though for anyone buying it for a gift...get it well in advance, open it up and let it air out. Ours had a really strong chemical smell. I had to leave it on our back porch for a week. :( But after that, it was fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I saw this and have been trying to decide whether to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link! I just ordered a 3 pack of these (the speller and 2 more puzzles with people and animals), some crayon rocks and leaf rubbings for my son for Christmas. They have so many neat things, I am sure I wil order from them again. Thank you!!
    How was Ema's check-up??

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND the shipping at Let's Explore is only $2.99 this week. I'm trying to decide which one to get. I was thinking maybe the people one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kykathy- Ema's check-up went well. My concerns turned out to not be anything too serious, which was a relief. Thanks for asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is that! What middle sound is missing, though?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat deal! (Of course, I'm trying to wrap my mind around how to make it . . . ) :>) Linked to it on my weekly link roundup - thanks!

    ReplyDelete