Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Creative Painting


O had a fantastic time painting with dry tempera powder a few weeks ago! I set up this art activity by pouring red, blue, and yellow tempera paint powder into 3 separate lids for her. I gave her several sheets of white cardstock to paint and cotton balls to dip in the paint. She applied the paint powder to the paper with the cotton balls and then painted over the paint powder with a paintbrush she had dipped in water.

Then she said she wanted to experiment...she dipped the cotton balls in water before dipping them into the paint powder, she sprinkled the paint powder across the paper before wetting it, she used q tips to spread the powder around, etc. She did everything she could think of and totally enjoyed herself. I love it when an art activity is so successful!

2 comments:

  1. Semper interessantissimi i Tuoi post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for powdered tempera paint for months locally. Did you buy through a store or online? When I had my own classroom we used it all the time. It's great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete