Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Fun Math Activity

We have been doing very little "school" work around here lately, but when I saw these plastic shot glasses at The Dollar Tree a few weeks ago I couldn't resist buying them for this activity.

I wrote the numbers 0 through 10 on dot stickers and stuck one on each glass. O put the glasses in order and then put the correct number of toothpicks in each one.

One thing I like about this activity is that it takes up VERY little space!


  1. Sort of a homemade spindle box! Very clever. :)

    counting Coconuts

  2. Speaking about little spaces...Let me tell you My husband is complaining about my collection of boxes,cups,plastic containers,bottle caps..etc.I wonder..why?LOL.
    Thanks for another simple cool idea.

  3. What a great idea! My little girl is just starting to really understand counting so this will be perfect.

  4. Quick, easy, cheap, stores well... what's not to love?? :>) I linked to this on my weekly roundup - thanks for sharing!