Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Halloween Sensory Box




I set up O's Halloween sensory box with dried black beans, cups, scoops, and Halloween knick knacks on Sunday night and had it waiting for her at the table on Monday morning.  She was SO excited!  She's really enjoyed playing with it, but it really needs another bag of black beans.  She has to be extra careful to not spill the beans since E would be sure to pick them up and try to eat them (she's been eating cat food lately!). 

Here is our Halloween sensory box from last year.  This box doesn't have as much stuff as last year's, and she seems to enjoy it more.

9 comments:

  1. I love the black beans! What a great idea. Thanks again for all of your posts and ideas. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious, how long does she spending playing with this in a sitting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just made one like this. I used your blog and Counting Coconuts for inspiration. We also added red lentils and it's very Halloweeny! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that your link to last years' box is broken

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love sensory boxes. We just made our October box this week too. Have fun, Karen
    Sippy Cup Central Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is *darling*! It's so cute, *I* want to play with it:)) As I side note--I totally remember eating our cat's dry cat food when I was 5. It won't hurt E:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made this today. I cleaned Walmart out of their black beans! My son loves it! Thanks for the idea. I just love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading your last year's suggestion to play outside, while in walmart today I noticed the black bird seed (size of sunflower seeds) would be a fun thing to use instead of the black beans! Plus, the HUGE bag will make several boxes as I invited a friend over to have her daughter make one too.

    ReplyDelete