Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Having Fun on the Road

Since our Bahamas vacation didn't work out, we decided to try again with a long weekend in the mountains with Elliott's parents. We were on the road for about 6 hours, and we stayed busy!
I was SO glad that I brought O's sewing block, so she could sew "ike mama." I'm making her a needlepoint "paper doll" that I bought for $1.50 on the clearance rack at WM. I'll post about it if I ever finish it :)
O loved playing with playdoh. She and dada made playdoh spaghetti.
O had the most fun playing the copycat game with dada. He spontaneously started copying everything she did, and she LOVED it. This went on for quite a while, and she kept asking for "more, more" whenever he stopped copying her.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad y'all were able to find something else to do! Maybe if I get to link up with Mel and Marg I can check out the Becko to see if I'd like one with this baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca- You should definitely try the Beco if you get a chance. You could probably use it with all 3 kids, since it goes up to around 55 pounds. Charlie would probably love it! I hope yall will get to see Melanie and Marg, but that's a lot of money to spend for a weekend. I'm planning on calling you soon, but my phone doesn't work in the hotel :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your activity bags and so glad you were able to have some good family time after your scary flight experience.

    ReplyDelete