Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mother's Day Interview

I saw this Mother's Day Interview on Let's Explore, and I just had to try it with O. It was like pulling teeth to get her to participate, but once she was finally ready, she seemed to enjoy it. I asked the questions several times because she often said "I don't know," or she'd say a made up word. Then I asked her a couple of more times once she got going just because it was fun!

To do these interviews, I cut and pasted the sentence starters from Let's Explore. Then I sat at the computer, read them to O, and typed her answers while she ran around and played. This is definitely something we'll do again! She's already asked when we are going to do the Father's Day questions!

I really love it when my mom looks like a dada.

My mom likes to laugh.

My mom always tells me, "You have to do shelf work."

The best thing she does is rock me.

It makes her happy when she do the computer...she puts nose spray in her nose

My mom loves to relax by me.

I like it when she does things.

The best thing she cooks is chicken.

When my mom shops she likes to buy bananas.

My mom’s favorite household chore is painting.

My mom’s favorite TV show is at the hotel. At the hotel, you love Baby Mama!

If she could go on a trip, she would go to North Carolina.

I love my mom because she makes felt things.


Since O was enjoying this so much, we decided to keep going with Guh-guh...



I really love it when my GG plays with me.

My GG likes to spin.

My GG always tells me stories.

The best thing she does work on the computer with me.

It makes her happy when she does take pictures of me.

My GG loves to relax by me.

I like it when she plays games with me.

The best thing she cooks is chicken.

When GG shops she likes to buy bananas.

My GG’s favorite household chore is bananas.

My GG’s favorite TV show is I don't know.

If she could go on a trip, she would go to Shan.

I love my GG because she does nice things.


She didn't want to stop, so I asked her questions about her Grandmother...


I really love it when my G gives me money for my money bank.

My G likes to play with me...and Grandaddy Harry.

My G always tells me to do something not very nice.

The best thing she does is work paper.

It makes her happy when she does I don't know.

My G loves to relax by lies on the couch.

I like it when she I don't know.

The best thing she cooks is chicken wings.

When my G shops she likes to buy showers.

My G's favorite household chore is i don't know.

My G’s favorite TV show is Ranch Flower.

If she could go on a trip, she would go to South Carolina.

I love my G because she smells flowers.


When I told O that we were finished, she said "ask about me, ask about me," so these are her answers...

I really love it when I does something not very nice.

I like to do a b (drawing a b in the sand).

I always tell my mom, "I want some chocolate."

The best thing I do is play.

It makes me happy when I eat.

I love to relax by dada.

I like it when you relax by me.

The best thing I cook is Ranch (dip-dip).

When I shop I like to buy silks.

My favorite household chore is paint.

My favorite TV show is Ranch.

If I could go on a trip, I would go to SC.

I love me because I do naughty things!

10 comments:

  1. Hey! I was wondering if you would blog about one of your favorite products? I left a request for a product review for you on my blog. http://mytwohappyhomeschoolers.blogspot.com/2009/05/homeschooling-moms-best-friend.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this! I am hoping Seth will cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I just wanted you to know that your blog truly inspires me!
    I am wondering how you plan what you do each day with O?
    My girls are 3 and a half, and 9 months and I am taking Montessori training through NAMC, but I would love to plan out my year/month/week.
    Do you have any tips for me?
    Keep up the great work, you seem like an amazing mom, actually, an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy- I'm looking forward to reading Seth's answers :) It took quite a while before O was in the mood to do this, but once she got going, I couldn't stop her!

    Cinderella Moments- Thanks! I have a Montessori shelf that has our daily work on it, and I usually add 1 or 2 things to it a week. I usually turn the shelf around (it usually faces away from the room showing the art display side) in the mornings, and we work on "shelf work" for as long as she is interested. Sometimes she'll do shelf work then play with her kitchen and then come back to the shelf work. We are pretty laid back about it. I try to do at least one art activity a week, and I'm planning to start circle time (with O, me, and our cat!) a couple of mornings a week. During circle time, we'll practice Spanish, days of the week, play with rhythmn sticks, etc. Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her answers made me smile! :) Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes to buy bananas when I go shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  6. too cute. I will have to try with my little one. Its always interesting to see what they are thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled upon your blog, and this is great! Especially the answers about herself! Haha. What a funny girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am rolling in laughter right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous. Love the last answer. (:

    ReplyDelete