Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shaving Cream and Food Coloring Fun


Mixing shaving cream and food coloring is one of O's all time favorite activities. She loves to swirl the colors together to see what happens. We pressed a sheet of white cardstock onto the shaving cream and then wiped it off to make a pretty picture. Then O proceeded to cover herself in shaving cream. She had so much fun and made SUCH a mess! Luckily, we were doing this messy activity out on the screened porch! I brought out pitcher after pitcher of water and poured it over her before I let her come in the house :)

9 comments:

  1. The children at our preschool LOVED playing and painting with the shave creme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun. I did shaving cream finger painting with my children one day, but they weren't into the mess. I was so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to scoop my hands through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, THANKS! This reminds me that I haven't used shaving cream with my 3 yo. My 8 yo has had plenty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I did this with my two oldest when they were preschool age - they are now 16 and 14 - thanks for the reminder as I am sure my 2 and six year old would have a blast.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have an award for you at our blog. See http://learningdevelopmentactivities.blogspot.com/2010/07/outstanding-blogger-award.html

    Thanks for the great site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How Fun!!!!!!
    Adding it to our list of things to do!!!
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son always loves this activity as well! We should totally do it outside this summer!

    ReplyDelete