Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ball Exercises



I try to do exercises with E on our large, bouncy ball a few times a week. I have her sit, lay on her back, or lay on her tummy.  We started doing these exercises when E was a few months old at the suggestion of my sister who is a pediatric physical therapist.  I always have my hands on her, and I keep the ball steady by bracing it between my knees.   A great book that encourages this type of activity with babies is Active Baby, Healthy Brain.  

1 comment:

  1. That is great. My son was in physical therapy from the time he was 6 months old. He was very delayed. One of the first exercises she taught us was on the ball. We used that ball a lot! He just "graduated" out of physical therapy in July. Sounds like a good book, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete