Chasing Cheerios

Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

After trying a pumpkin pie milkshake while on O's field trip, I knew we'd have to try to make them at home!  They are easy and delicious to make.  You need canned pumpkin, vanilla ice cream, pumpkin pie spice, heavy cream, and milk. 


We used my mom's bullet blender to make the milkshakes.  I put in about 3 or 4 scoops of ice cream, 1/4 cup of milk, 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, and 2 heaping tablespoons of canned pumpkin and blended it until it was smooth.   We topped the milkshakes with fresh whipped cream (we briefly blended heavy cream in the blender).



The milkshakes were delicious, and the girls LOVED them!!! Pumpkin pie milkshakes are a new fall tradition at our house!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that sounds delicious. I will be trying these very soon, just need to run out for some vanilla ice cream :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only thing missing in my kitchen is the ice cream too. Better go get some

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun! we actually made hot pumpkin "lattes" today...warm milk with a spoonful of pumpkin pie filling from a can. sounds similar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! These will have to be a tradition at our home too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks and sounds great! The taste of pumpkin would be perfect with ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually a lurker here...

    But I thought perhaps you and your readers might like to know that Parkr and I are giving away a set of play silks from Nova Natural Craft and Toys!

    www.prayingforparker.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds ridiculously delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just made these today and they were sooo good! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried this today.It was sooooo good. TFS! I shared it on my FB page too.

    ReplyDelete