Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Straws & Box Lid Marble Maze

My niece(7), O(5), E(1), and I made marble mazes using straws, box lids, and glue. This idea came from Family Fun Magazine (I LOVE that magazine!).

The girls cut the straws and glued them into the box lids to make the mazes. Super simple and fun (for some!).

My niece really enjoyed this activity, but O was not that interested. E(1), however, was VERY interested. She insisted that she make a "bahbble maze,too!," so she and I worked together to make one for her.

Here is my niece's maze.

O decided to take the easy way out and make a non-maze.


Here's the maze I made with E. I put down the glue, and she put the straws on the glue.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea. Marble mazes are so entertaining and making your own seems even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool idea. My kids would probably love it!

    OH! I bet you could probably also use popsicle sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOUR BLOG AND LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!

    http://blissedoutbaby.blogspot.com/
    check out MY natural parenting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just did a project with straws and linked to this post.
    http://www.messforless.net/2011/10/straw-art.html
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete