Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sequencing Hearts by Size




I was SO excited when I saw this set of heart cookie cutters for just one dollar at Dollar General!  They are perfect for toddler activities!  E(2) puts them in order from smallest to largest.  We talk about which one is small and which one is the largest.  She hands me the ones that I ask for, and her favorite...naming them with our names.  The smallest heart is E, then O, and on and on.

She enjoys putting them back in order within themselves, but it was a challenge in this rounded bowl.







So, I moved them to a flat container in order to ease her frustration and to help her be successful.


5 comments:

  1. aw what a fab but simple activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this. My little boy loves to talk about "big" and "small" right now. And he loves hearts. What a great idea! Pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a simple idea, but such a challenge for little ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I featured this post on my Fave Five Friday this week. If you would rather I did not use a picture, please let me know and I will just include a link instead.

    http://his4homeschooling.blogspot.com/2012/02/fave-five-friday-all-things-valentine.html

    ReplyDelete