Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our Multiplication Board

When I saw the homemade multiplication board on Montessori Print Shop's blog, it reminded me that I never posted about our multiplication board!  (so many things to share...so little time and motivation!)

Here it is...


To make our multiplication board, I took a picture of O(5)'s multiplication board at school.  I printed it and laminated it.  I taped it to a cork board and added 100 push pins (I could only find plain wooden push pins, so I colored the tops with a red sharpie).  I velcroed plastic number squares to the side, and we were done.

O requested that I make this multiplication, but she hasn't used it much since I made it.  She'll probably use it more next year during homeschool...there's just so little time for things like this when she's spending her mornings at school and her afternoons playing.   (I really like the board on Montessori Print Shop's blog better than ours, and I'm tempted to make another one...we'll see).

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Gonna try it on my children in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Hope you don't mind if I pin it? I really would like to make one in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea and am going to make one for my kids. Can I ask where you bought the wooden push pins I've only found plastic?
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete