Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, February 19, 2012

South American Pin Map and Flag Pins

I bought the South American map and flag pins from Montessori Print Shop, and I LOVE how it turned out!  Actually, everyone loves this map...even our cat!



It was very easy to put together.  I laminated the map before tacking it to the cork board.  I decided not to laminate the flags, and they've held up fine.




Both of our girls love flags and maps, so this is a great activity for them.  I love to hear E(2) trying to pronounce the names of the different countries.




I've just bought the maps and flag pins for the rest of the continents, so we can use them as we travel around the world with our cultural exchange packages.  Hopefully, I'll find the time to print them and put them together soon!




9 comments:

  1. Me encanto tu propuesta, que ganas de aprender dan! Ahi vi la bandera de mi Peru!Cariños

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it. My son is *really* into flags at the moment - this is perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,

    We are also going through continents, Asia for now. Where did you get the flags and pins from. I had been looking for something like this but was unable to find it.

    We LOVE the cultural exchange and H is having blast going through them.

    samina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samina- I got the flag pins and map from Montessori Print Shop. I'm glad you are enjoying the exchange!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!! Just bought the US set - Did you print the flag pins on cardstock?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ones in the picture are printed on photo paper, but the others (that I haven't put together yet) are printed on cardstock or regular printer paper. They look fine, but I'm not sure if they'll hold up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! pinning

    Natasha xx

    serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can We participate on the cultural exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I teach the South American countries to my students. I bet they would enjoy this activity.

    ReplyDelete