Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Fun Transferring Activity

I revamped our frog and insect transferring activity by adding in a set of chopsticks and putting it on a new tray.  E(2) was EXCITED when I offered it to her this morning!


She loved feeding the insects to the frog, and she did a great job.


I love that we can do "school" activities on our deck.  We almost never used our deck until we FINALLY (after several years of thinking about it) bought furniture for it about a month or so ago.  Now, we eat all of our meals out there, paint out there, the girls dance and put on recitals, and the girls have started playing in their formally neglected deck playhouse almost everyday.  Good times!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect! So cute. I need a big frog now. I lovelovelove your blog so much. My two DDs and I thank you so much for taking the time to share ideas and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workout for those small muscles!! Glad to see the frog to the right of the bowl! I always suggest that so that children get used to moving from left to right! Great idea! Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the frog?!?!?!? :) very cute..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the frog from a thrift store a few years ago. I think he was meant to hold a dish scrubber...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This activity is so fun! I wasn't sure my 2 year old would get it, but he did right away... and had such a fun time! I just used 2 bowls.

    I succumbed to temptation and bought the chopsticks and am so glad. They are useful in so many ways... this, eating scrambled eggs, and even the impromptu puppet show!

    Thank you for all the great ideas you share with us!

    ReplyDelete