Chasing Cheerios

Friday, August 7, 2009

Handmade Thank You Cards

Last year we used O's gigantic chalkboard to make thank you notes, and this year we decided to make postcards. I cut pieces of cardstock in half and cut the corners with my corner rounder for a more finished look. I wrote the thank you messages on the cards and drew the address lines.


While I was at work, my mom read the thank you notes to O. O thought about the recipient, decided which color they would like best, and painted a picture on the front of the postcard. She was very thoughtful when painting her pictures, and I'm so proud of her.



Now I just have to gather addresses and send them out!

5 comments:

  1. Too sweet! I personally like the pink and gray postcard. What a good activity to have your mom do with O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic idea! We are doing something similar, but since my daughter is younger and would have a hard time painting on small pieces of paper, I am cutting up a large painting of hers to include in thank you cards. But I love the postcard idea - that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you think of the best ways to connect with others!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet. I love writing letters and thank you and other cards and think it's important to instill this in children. Eleanor turns 3 in December so hoping to find something like this we can do together :)

    ReplyDelete