Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Fun Party Activity and Snack


My mom and I helped a friend plan activities and snacks for her little girl's birthday party a couple of months ago, and one of the fun activities that we did was make a dirt and worms snack.

To make the snack, I put 5 or 6 oreo cookies in a ziploc bag and gave a bag to each child. I told the kids to smash the cookies any way that they could. They started off by smashing them in their hands and hitting the bags. They quickly realized that it was easier and more fun to stomp and jump on the bags. O and the birthday girl put their bags under a twister game mat and danced on them.

Once the cookies were crushed I put a handful of gummy worms in each bag and gave each child a spoon. They loved eating the tasty dirt and worms!

1 comment: