Chasing Cheerios

Monday, September 27, 2010

Drying a Tray with a Sponge

I saw this work at O's school, and I knew it would be a fun one for us to have at home.

To do this work, E shakes water from a bottle onto a tray. She then dries the water with a sponge. E LOVES it! She did it over and over and over and over...

We talked about the concepts of wet and dry while we did this activity.

The bottle is a salt shaker from Dollar General. Don't make the mistake (like I did!) of putting too much water in the bottle...you only need a very small amount.

4 comments:

  1. This does look like a very fun activity, especially for a toddler. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a little piece of brilliant! Simple, perfect, right on! Thanks, I'll be using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! What a great idea! My 15 mo old will love this! He has been doing his own version of this all month :)

    ReplyDelete