Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cheerios & Pipe Cleaner Bird Feeders



O, M, Guh-guh, and I made cheerios and pipe cleaner bird feeders this morning. To make the bird feeders you need pipe cleaners and cheerios :) Thread the cheerios onto the pipe cleaners and you're done! Simple and fun! It's also a great activity for strengthening fine motor control. O and I made these feeders last year, too, but she was much more involved this year. She was excited to make her feeder in the shape of an O (of course!).


Guh-guh climbed up in the tree to hang our creations with the other bird feeders.





12 comments:

  1. That's a really cute bird house. :) We made this bird feed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is so cute!!! We have tons of both and I know that the birds will love it.
    Thanks for the awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun, easy craft that I already have the supplies for! Yippee! Making these tomorrow! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are great!!! love your bird feeders!!! aww you have green grass i want green grass, heck i just want spring already :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new reader stumbling upon your blog from Crafty Crow. Hello! :o)

    This activity looks nice, I might try it with my son. I'm just wondering - when do you think it is too late to feed birds?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I'm coming out of "lurking" to tell you that your blog is so inspiring! I love reading it. You have given me so many great ideas. I have a three year old daughter. I made felt Valentine cooks last month. They did not turn out as beautiful as yours, but my daughter loves them and I had fun making them. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! How do the birds like it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  8. May- That's a good question, and my mom and I were just talking about that yesterday. I guess it depends on where you live, but around here we usually take our feeders down at the end of March :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Arin loves stringing things so this looks like something she'd love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa,
    Thanks for the great idea! I'm having a launch party for my picture book, 1 zany zoo, (which won the Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories contest) and was looking for a craft for the kids. This is it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori- We have your book and LOVE it! We love the books that come in the Cheerios boxes!

    ReplyDelete