Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tracing and Coloring a Pumpkin


IMG_1705 (Large), originally uploaded by omamom16.

The idea to color a pumpkin with washable markers which O could then wash off came from A Bit of This and That. O had a great time tracing her pumpkin and then coloring it. I was sure that she would also love washing the pumpkin. I was wrong! She was proud of her pumpkin, and she refused to even consider washing it off. She said it "made mama feel better." She's constantly doing things and giving me things to make me feel better. I keep telling her that I'm not sick anymore, but she doesn't seem to believe me. I guess she's picking up on my sadness even though I'm trying really hard to put on a happy face :) She's a perceptive little monkey!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, the little ones can really sense emotion can't they? Looks like she had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little ones are very perceptive. My boy was not quite 3 when I lost mine this summer. He spent extra amounts of time cuddling, bringing me water and whatever snacks he could reach. It helped a lot. And he took all of his naps snuggled up to me. I don't know what I would have done without his TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetheart; I'm always blown away by how little children are so naturally intuitive.

    What a great, engaging activity too boot! Your creativity is always so impressive to me. I always feel more inspired reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a clever idea! I may try that today as we never got around to carving our pumpkins!!!

    And I am so sorry about your loss... I can't even imagine. O sounds like a great help. Children are so sensative and perceptive to everything. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete