Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Handmade Thank You Cards...Baby Footprints

It was a team effort to make Ema's thank you cards! We painted her foot and pressed it onto cardstock that I'd cut to a specific size. I nursed Ema, O painted her foot, my mom pressed her foot on the cardstock, and Elliott took pictures :)

The footprints definitely aren't perfect, but they'll do :) I'll write the note on the opposite side from the footprint, seal it closed with a sticker, and write the address on the outside (eliminating the need for an envelope).

10 comments:

  1. Footprints are definitely the way to go with a tiny baby - they can't screw their foot up or lick it in the way they do with their hands! I do my baby prints with a stamping ink pad rather than paint. It comes off really easily with a baby wipe, and no fears of dripping paint! I like your idea of cards that need no envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did something similar with my girls' handprints. I just stamped them on white paper until I got a good one, let it dry, then scanned it into the computer. Then I was able to print it onto cardstock to make cards with a "perfect print" every time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! I like the idea of no envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome. We made a family tree made out of the kid's handprints and put little paper apples with everyones names and framed it for a grandparent gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you don't need an envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! We made the same thank you cards. Whenever someone gave something to both girls, we put Ella's footprint on one side and Arin's handprint on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I had a hard time getting footprints on our little ones but was using an ink pad - painting might have worked better for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea! I also love the canvas hand and footprints you did. perfect gifts for grandparents!

    ReplyDelete