Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, February 7, 2010

E's Birth Announcement


I was happy with how E's birth announcement turned out, so I thought I'd share :)

To make E's birth announcement, I printed the information on iron-on paper and ironed it onto a onesie. Then we had several photo shoots before deciding on the perfect picture. I uploaded the pics to snapfish and ordered 4 x 6 prints for the announcement. I intended to turn it into a card, but I couldn't find a card on the site that didn't have extra "stuff" on it, and I wanted to just have the picture. Unfortunately, I edited the pic before ordering it, and E looks a little green in the pic (it looked fine on the computer...just not so good in person). I bought 4 x 6 envelopes, but I was so late sending them that I eventually just added them in with our Christmas cards. I'm REALLY bad about sending cards. I always make a list of people to send them, too, but by the time I finally send them, I forget to look at the list. Then I don't know who I've sent cards to and who I haven't. So...if anyone that we know in real life reads this blog and you didn't get a birth announcement, now you know why :) I know there are several that I forgot to send because I have extras, and I didn't order extras :(

The idea for this birth announcement came from an old issue of Martha Stewart Kids.

14 comments:

  1. Love it! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant! with our oldest son we bought a birth announcement through the hospital, but i think this is a zillion times better. i just might have to borrow your idea for our next little Baby Mark (who is currently cooking :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do kind of the same thing for my girls birthday party invitations every year....I take a picture of them holding a sign saying "I'm ____!!!! Please join us for cake and icecream" etc. It has been so fun to look back at them over the years

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute announcement! I like the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this idea from Martha too, and decided to go another way. Your shirt turned out WAY better than mine. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I will have to remember this for our little guy who is coming in June!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your announcement is SO BRILLIANTLY CUTE!! I am totally stealing this idea... if I ever have a 3rd child!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had seen that idea for Juliette's announcement!! E looks os cute :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea-she's darling!

    ReplyDelete