Chasing Cheerios

Monday, November 22, 2010

O's Felt Fairyland

I made this felt fairyland for O for her 4th birthday, and I've been wanting to share it for a while...I could just never find the time to take pictures. 

The idea for this felt fairyland bounced around in my head for more than a year before I finally made it.  I loved making it for her, and I love how it turned out.  Here it is...




The little toadstool house folds up, so it is actually a little hard to get it to stand up.  I need to put something in it to reinforce it.






We bought this little fairy princess for O's birthday ring a few years ago.  I've planned to make a few more like her, but haven't had time...yet.



These rainbow gnomes from Little Red Whimsy are perfect for the felt fairyland.



A little toadstool table and chairs also by Little Red Whimsy.


The removeable pond with floating felt flowers



A gnome crossing the bridge (the bridge is removeable, but the river is sewn to the grass base of the fairyland).



E loves the fairyland, too!












And the best part about the fairyland is that it all folds up to one small package!!!!!!!  (this is a necessity in our small, crowded house!)

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE it! I want to make it myself (except I don't have a sewing machine). Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo adorable! when are you gonna open an etsy shop!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and adorable! I agree on the etsy shop. I would love to buy something like this for my little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest thing ever! I want one for myself! What a lucky bunch to have such a talented mama! Me? Can't even fix a loose button! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I've been kicking around the same idea for about 4 months. You'd think Christmas would encourage me to get it done, however, there are so many Christmas projects that it got pushed back more. Until then, I'm always gathering more ideas for ours so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I bet O loves playing with it.
    I just posted about something similar I made for my daughter

    http://montessoribeginnings.blogspot.com/2010/11/gnome-board-game.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just adorable ... what a fun gift. I'm sure she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorrrable!!

    I had an idea on how to reinforce the little house. It looks like it's just about the right size for popsicle sticks. You could sew or glue a few little loops on the inside of the house (probably 2 or 3 loops for each popsicle stick, 3 or 4 sticks should be plenty to hold it up!) so the popsicle sticks can be removed when you fold it all up.

    It's realllly cute, you are sooo creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely!!! soo nice!
    Pilar*

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is adorable!! So clever and convenient. What fun this curely have with that creation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, everyone! Good idea about using popsicle sticks to reinforce the house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome. I made Bear a fairy house http://theadventuresofbear.blogspot.com/2009/12/fairy-house.html and fairies http://theadventuresofbear.blogspot.com/2009/12/fairy-tutorial.html to go in it but I like those peg fairies better. You can see how we make playscapes to go with it here: http://theadventuresofbear.blogspot.com/2010/06/we-play-playscapes.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOLY COW!! How did I miss seeing this? It is soooo cute. Will you please make ME one for my birthday? It is coming up soon. Wouldn't we have loved this as little ones!!??

    ReplyDelete