Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Velcro Blocks



These velcro blocks have been "in progress" for more than a year, and I am SO glad to finally be done with them!  I started making them after seeing velcro blocks in a catalog (Lakeshore, I think). 

To make the blocks, I bought a set of table top blocks from a discount store.  I sanded the corners and edges since they were a little rough.  I then glued velcro to the blocks.  Simple, but for some reason, it took forever.  Thanks to my mom for helping me finish the blocks!



These blocks were supposed to be a Christmas gift to both of the girls, but I accidentally left them out after I took these pictures.  Oops!  They've had fun playing with them today :)

22 comments:

  1. Totally awesome!! my kids will love these... i heart colored velcro!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Endless construction creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. Any recommendations on where to purchase colored velcro?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elle- I found this velcro in the craft clearance section at Walmart...it cost about a dollar a box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I need to make these for the girls they will LOVE them, thank you so much for the amazing idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been debating putting velcro on my blocks. But how did you decide where to put the scratchy velcro and where to put the soft velcro?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very cool idea..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great! Good job finishing them!!
    Must save this idea for my son's birthday. No chance I can get them done before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Never seen anything like it! Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! Looks like fun! Thanks for sharing.
    :) Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wondering what kind of glue you used?

    LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering where you got the colorful velcro??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Very goog idea to put colored velcro... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so great, I love how creative building can be with these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very neat idea! Im going to have to keep my eyes out for some of this velcro as we were just gifted two HUGE block sets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am wondering how these have held up and what type of glue was used? I would love to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  17. genial ! quelle colle avez vous utilisé ? merci

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a fantastic idea, might try it with the nursing home Im at

    ReplyDelete