Chasing Cheerios

Monday, October 6, 2008

Yummy! Felt Food :)


felt food, originally uploaded by omamom16.

My mom and I recently finished making a bunch of felt food for my niece and godson (and his brother). I cut the felt out months ago, but I'm scared to use the sewing machine without my mom (it breaks every time we use it), so I was waiting for her to come sew them. My mom did all of the machine sewing, and I did the cutting and hand sewing (sewing the chocolate chips onto the cookies). My mom loved sewing the eggs and said she could sew a hundred eggs :) We are thinking of opening an etsy shop, which is something we've been talking about for a year or so. I'm hoping that this nausea will pass soon, so that I can be more productive :)

16 comments:

  1. I would definatly buy some from you. With five kids and no sewing machine, I'm not making anything, anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely buy some things. I love all your ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was doing a google search for homemade Christmas gifts and your post with the baby doll sling came up... I've had fun browsing your blog. You have so many great ideas! So fun and creative, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love felt food! I have had felt but have not made the food yet. I plan to hand sew it all rather than fix up a sewing machine.

    There are several felt food sellers on Ebay but if you can manage to do sets that are reasonably priced you could do very well! I think it would be great if you have a good inventory so people can stock up, especially if you want to go for the pre-holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have a set of felt food! I am hand sewing instead of using a machine since I don't own one but I'm really enjoying it. I have until Christmas to finish the set as a gift for my daughter. She already has some pieces and LOVES them.

    The possibilities of felt are endless!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable! i made a bunch of those eggs during the summer for my son and his pal. the pasta is just darling.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could sew. I'd make my own. So much greener than the ones I bought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bow-Tie Pasta, what a great idea!! We have made felt food in the past, it's fun too :)

    And remember, the more you use that machine, the easier it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute cookies! i'm making some myself!

    :)
    candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food is so cute! I also would love to see your etsy shop a reality! Good luck and congrats on your news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would buy from you if you opened an etsy shop. please announce it if you do

    ReplyDelete