Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Knitted Kitten Hat Review

This is the first of several product reviews that I have scheduled in the next few weeks.  I hope you enjoy them!  I try to choose good quality, reasonably priced items to review.  Many (but not all) of the reviews are from Etsy shops.  I love to buy from Etsy to support the makers of handmade gifts.  If you've never shopped at Etsy, take a minute and browse.  You won't regret it! 

I LOVE cute hats for kids, so I was excited to find handmade knitted kitten hats at Sweaternana.  I was thrilled when Diane from Sweaternana agreed to send us a hat to review.  I requested a gray hat since our cat is gray, and she made it and sent it to us immediately. 

Not only are the hats well-made and adorable, they are also very durable!







Although, I originally planned for this hat to be for E, I decided that the girls can share it.  O fell in love with it as soon as she saw it.  She was especially excited about the braids "because they're just like Mary and Laura (Ingalls)." 












I chose Sweaternana as a shop I would like to review because her hats are very affordable...only 15 dollars for a beautiful, handmade hat!  Many of the hats that I looked at on Etsy were close to 30 dollars, so this seems like a steal!





These hats are made with 100% acrylic, Lion Brand Yarn.  They are machine washable and dryable.  Our hat is very soft, and I know the girls are going to wear it often this winter and for years to come!

Here are few more cute hats from Sweaternana... a bee, a bear, a snowman, and a panda bear.  I would love to be able to make hats like this for my girls one day, but for now I'm happy to shop at Etsy! (and maybe one day I'll learn how to knit with needles instead of just on a loom!)

7 comments:

  1. One each are now officially on my 3 kids' Christmas wish lists. Thanks! That IS a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable hat.

    just in case you didn't know your post G and G showed up in my google reader. pictures and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for letting me know about the post...is it still on your google reader? It's not on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable - definitely on our Christmas list!!

    ReplyDelete