Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Personalized Color Blocks

I've finally finished a set of personalized color blocks for E for Christmas.  I'm glad to be done with them and happy with how they turned out.  I hope she likes them!





To make these blocks, I sanded the edges and corners of the blocks before painting them white (I bought the blocks from Casey's Wood Supply).  I then used scrapbook paper, pics of O and E, and numbers and the letters of E's name printed on photo paper to cover the sides of the blocks.  I used mod podge to glue the paper to the blocks and then coated them with a layer of protective mod podge to finish them. 








The pictures on the link are missing, but I will have them up soon (I hope).

12 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS!!! Great job!! I'm sure she's going to LOVE them -- I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are GREAT, I think I am going to do some for my son for his birthday in April...GREAT idea, your lil one will love them...it will be something you could keep and she could pass on(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. I'm sure she'll love them! I have starred this in my google reader for "someday."

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely ides, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, these are fantastic! I'm sure she would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are darling. I love how simple they are, so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I've also seen them done with pictures cut into 1/4's and then you had to "solve" the picture! But I love that these much more simplistic and so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ones with the pictures! I still love Caroline's!

    ReplyDelete