I think this is my favorite handmade gift yet! The blocks took forever to make, but I really enjoyed it :) Here's how to do it...
1) buy your blocks :) I ordered mine from Casey's Wood Products
2) sand the edges and corners of the blocks
3) paint the edges and corners of the blocks white
4) cut scrapbook paper, pictures, printed letters and numbers, etc. to fit the blocks
5) paint the blocks with a layer of mod podge and place a picture on the mod podge
6) wait a day or so until they are dry and paint a layer of mod podge over the top of the pictures
This was fun and easy, and I hope I can streamline the process so it doesn't take quite so long next time. I have a new appreciation as to why handmade gifts are often so expensive! Here are a few more pics :)