1) I drew a pattern on newspaper and cut it out. I then pinned the pattern to the wrong side of a piece of fabric and traced around it with disappearing ink. Then I cut the giraffe pattern out of the fabric.
2) I pinned the fabric giraffe to the wrong side of a coordinating piece of fabric, traced around it, and cut the giraffe from the other fabric.
3) I pinned the 2 fabric giraffes to each other- right side to right side with the ribbons pinned in between them.
4) Here's a better picture to show the ribbons pinned between the 2 pieces of fabric.
5) I handed the giraffe over to my mom, and she sewed all around it leaving a small hole for turning. She sewed over the ribbons 3 or 4 times to make sure they were securely sewn.
6) We turned and stuffed the giraffes, and my mom sewed the small hole closed.
O was a little disturbed that the giraffes have only 2 legs :)