Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Shell & Stickers Memory Game

I made this shell and stickers memory game for O(5) about 2 years ago, and I take it to the beach with us every year.

I tried to teach E(1) the ins and outs of memory, but she's not quite ready for that :) However, she had fun matching the stickers.

To make the game, I gathered (from around my house) a bunch of shells that looked similar (O's grandmother brought them to her from the Bahamas), and I bought 2 packs of beach/sea life stickers. I put stickers on each shell to make about 10 matching pairs. Simple and fun!





7 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I have an under the sea page http://itsybitsylearners.com/preschoolprintables-2/under-the-sea/ and with your permission would love to use a thumbnail size picture with a direct link to your site so my readers my find this!

    Let me know if this is okay at customerservice@itsybitsylearners.com

    Alison :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. I put letter stickers on shells to spell words but this is easier for younger kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally I know what to do with all those extra shells we have from trips to the beach. A nice end of summer activity.


    Vicky @ http://messforless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Kai-awase, from Japan, matched shelf halves together. The insides were painted with nature scenes or images of everyday life. (International Crafts and Games by Cynthia Adams.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I am currently working on some teaching Asia Studies teaching resouces and we would love to include one of your images would that be Ok with you . Ofcourse we would attribute the image to you and include a link back to your great blog!Could you email me and let me know if this is OK
    barbara.schaffer@det.nsw.edu.au

    ReplyDelete