Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fossil Cookies

We studied archaeology in our homeschool last week, so I thought it would be fun to make fossil cookies with the girls.  The girls were surprised (we rarely bake cookies) and delighted!

We made super easy peanut butter cookies...we mixed together 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 egg.

We rolled the dough into balls and pressed imprint "fossils" into the dough using our playdough stampers.  We baked the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes at 350.




  Fun and simple!




(please excuse E's dirty fingernails...they are not actually dirty, but are dyed with tie-dye).






The inspiration for making fossil cookies came from here.

10 comments:

  1. I really like the idea and I am so curious about your cookie recipe... did they taste good? I have never heard of a recipe like that before! Anyway, were doing dinosaurs in two weeks in our homeschool, so I think I will be using this idea! I just hope that I can remember where I got the idea from!!

    http://twilsonismakingthemostoftoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make this recipe all the time for my gluten free son- they are great!!

      Delete
  2. This recipe is the only way we make peanut butter cookies...they are easy & very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been making these for over 25 years now. Chunky peanut butter works best I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THE FOSSIL IDEA!! I've have to remember that one for birthday parties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make them like that all the time. They are very tasty, but keep a glass of water nearby. You will need it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been making these cookies for years. I taught my kids how to make them when they were only seven and eight years old. Easy, and yes...delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes, there is no flour, I've been making these for years. I make these all year long but mainly Christmas and I have many request for them. Super easy and really good, I take mine out right as there start to get a light brown around the edges and they stay nice and chewy in the center. I also add Reese's peanut butter chips or Chocolate chips depending on what everyone wants.

      Delete