Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Appliques for Baby




I love to make special appliqued clothes for the sweet babies that we love.  So, for our most recent addition (the sweet baby boy that my bff recently gave birth to), my mom and I made several appliques.

His mom had a special quilt made for him, so I ordered fabric that matched the quilt for the appliques.  My girls chose the pieces for the applique, and I cut the fabric, applied the steam a seam, and ironed the fabric pieces onto the clothing.  My mom sewed around the edges (which started out quick and easy and ended up being a huge hassle when the sewing machine went wacky on her).   We appliqued 4 different outfits (onesies, gown, and a romper) and hung them up from a clothes line to decorate for the baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment