Chasing Cheerios

Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Cheerio Treats


O, Guh-guh, and Grandaddy had fun making Halloween Cheerio treats! (I planned to participate, but I was nursing and rocking the baby in the adjacent room while they were making the treats). To make these easy and delicious (but not so healthy) treats you need 4 cups of mini marshmallows, 6 cups of whole grain cheerios, 2 tablespoons of butter, and candy corn. Melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave and stir in the Cheerios one cup at a time. Add in the candy corn and stir. Press the mixture into a glass dish and chill in the refrigerator before cutting. I LOVE these treats, but we rarely make them since they not very healthy :)

2 comments:

  1. They look yummy to me! I think it counts as healthy if it says "whole grain" =).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blood sugar levels have shot up..:) There are so many things about Halloween which I didnt know! Check how much you know!!

    ReplyDelete