Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft


O had fun making a paper plate pumpkin this morning! The idea for this activity came from My Montessori Journey. I gave O a paper plate, strips of orange construction paper, a glue stick, scissors, and a green pipe cleaner. I told her she could use either side of the plate, and she chose to use the back. She also had the option of tearing or cutting the orange strips, and she chose to cut them. She really enjoyed cutting the paper and glueing the pieces to the plate to make her pumpkin. I made a hole in the top of the plate, and she threaded the pipe cleaner through the hole to make a stem that doubles as a hook for hanging. Quick, fun, and easy!

3 comments:

  1. thanks! I needed a craft for my kiddo this afternoon, and I have everything for this one in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is perfect for my son since he loves tearing.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get your awesome blue kitchen in the background?!?! I'm looking for a bigger one for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete