Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Baking Bread

O and I baked bread this morning. Although, really we just put the ingredients in the bread machine and pressed start. It was lots of fun and very messy. O loved pouring the ingredients into the container. Unfortunately, her aim was a little off, so we had flour everywhere. She also liked mixing everything together, and she even snuck a few bites. Yuck! We made honey oatmeal bread, which is my favorite bread machine bread. Its delicious! Here is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cups water
3 cups bread flour (we used 1.5 cups of bread flour and 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour)
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 tablespoons dry milk powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 tablespoons margarine
1 tablespoon active dry yeast

DIRECTIONS
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select White Bread setting, and Start.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! We'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robyn! I just linked to your blog, and I enjoyed reading it. I've added you to my google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robyn You know I never seem to have milk powder around when the recipe calls for it.When that happens I usually use milk in place of water and it works great.Just a thought in case anybody else had that problem

    ReplyDelete