Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, May 31, 2008

I Have So Many Plans...

I have soooo very many things that I've had planned for O that we have just not gotten to do lately. I've been so busy with getting our house and yard ready for our family reunion (that we held here last Sunday), and then with finishing up my school year at work, that many of our activities have been put on hold. This summer I plan to do LOTS more painting with O. I've been seriously slack about letting her paint, and I feel lots of guilt over this. I'm also working on a fabric matching work for her, and I plan to make the red rods, sandpaper touch boards, and a listening matching work in the near future. There's just so much to do that I can't think clearly enough to decide what to do first!

2 comments:

  1. You probably already know this but if you just can't cope with paints try painting with plain water on the sidewalk/driveway/deck. Another no mess favorite is water on dark construction paper. Especially at her age it's all about process over product. This will cut you some slack til you are up to the "real" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tracy. I've thought about taking a paintbrush out to the beach with us, so O can paint the boards on the seawall. Now I just have to remember to take the paintbrush. That's the hard part :) I hadn't thought of having her paint with water on construction paper. That's a good idea. We're also going to start working on Father's Day presents on Monday, so we're going to have LOTS of painting to do, and I can stop feeling guilty :)

    ReplyDelete