Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, April 10, 2011

E's Montessori Shelf

E(1)'s Montessori activities are set up on a small shelf that was mine when I was little.  We attached the shelf to the back of the girls' play kitchen since we did not have a wall to attach it to.  This has worked out nicely because I can turn it to face outward into the room during the morning and then face it towards the sliding glass doors during most of the day.  Having these materials out for only a few hours a day seems to keep them a little more fresh and exciting :) 

The top row of E's shelf has the following activities: geometric solids, wooden nesting bowls, Brown Bear "I Spy" bottle and matching cards. On the second shelf is an imbucare box, a q-tip and bear bottle activity, a sandpaper e, and a bead maze (she was uninterested in the bead maze, so I replaced it with cutting fruit). On the 3rd shelf are the Montessori Cylinder Blocks and Ryan's Room (Lace 'Em Up Dragon) 2 (ours is actually a snake, but they don't make it anymore).



Here is the play kitchen.

9 comments:

  1. That is a very cool play kitchen! What irony on the timing of this post - just got in an argument with my husband b/c I wanted to buy some shelving. Totally within budget, normal item but he doesn't think we need them. Everything is up on a table out of her reach or in baskets on the floor. I *want* shelves, of course I don't *need* them. Then I see your shelves & I am now sooo determined to win this Stupid Shelf Battle. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu need shelves! REally, they make life so much easier for you and your littles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Melissa! Is that stacking rainbow from Grimms Spiel und Holz? I love their products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kitchen. I have shelves for my 2 year old but not the 1 year old and thinking I've really got to find some space to put all her works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your great ideas. I was just wondering where you got your kitchen...it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im with Julie, where did you get that play kitchen? It is ver nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We bought it from Target about 3 years ago. They have a newer version out now...I think it's pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I ask you where you got that blue pot for the play kitchen? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete