Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Painting a Mural

The girls and I painted a mural outside on Sunday afternoon. Elliott and I taped a long piece of paper to our fence, and we gave the girls a few cups of paint.

We had fun, but E(1) was pretty fussy and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought she would (she was overtired). This activity quickly turned into a body painting activity, which was not surprising at all :) Luckily, I thought ahead, and we painted right by the lake. Once the girls were through, we just stood in the water and washed the paint off of our bodies.

Next time we'll use finger paint or maybe shaving cream (tinted with food coloring), and I'll have them wear old clothes (the paint didn't come out of E's bathing suit).




6 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love the pic where she was painting her leg....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo you let them get messy! LOVE! I'd love for you to come play with us today at It's Playtime and link up this post.

    Jamie @ handson : as we grow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures. We've been painting a mural picture this week too - and turned it into a play scene for our Easter bunnies. It think it's great to work on a big scale sometimes. Ours is here if you'd like to see http://nurturestore.co.uk/large-scale-art-flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Seems there is a lot of outdoor artwork going on over there! That's great! You could also try spray bottle filled with colored water (food coloring). That's a lot of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so fun! Great work. Not quite that warm out at our house yet but I will have to remember this for the summer. SO fun!

    ReplyDelete