Chasing Cheerios

Friday, April 22, 2011

Wet Felted Easter Eggs

The girls, my mom, and I wet felted Easter eggs about a month ago. I still haven't taken a picture of the finished eggs, which is why I haven't posted about this yet. I just realized that I needed to write this post before Easter, so I apologize that I don't have pics of the finished products!

To wet felt Easter eggs you need the following items: plastic, wooden, or styrofoam eggs, wool roving (I bought our wool roving from Hobby Lobby), warm water, and liquid dish soap.

First, we wrapped our eggs in wool roving. Then we dipped our eggs in a bowl of warm, soapy water. We squished the eggs and shaped them with our hands while they were in the water.






After the eggs were well covered with the wool and it seemed somewhat felted, we rolled the eggs on a cooling rack. After they were well felted, we left them to dry. This was a fun and simple activity!




Both girls LOVED this activity!

2 comments:

  1. I tried this myself before I was going to do it with my girls. I found it a little tricky for the little ones, but the olders ones would love it! Plus they are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award! Come pick your badge up on my blog!
    http://icecreamdeprived.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete