Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wow! I am SO tired :)

Vacationing is Disneyworld is certainly not a relaxing vacation! We are having a fantastic time, but we are exhausted. It's 9:00 and almost everybody is asleep for the night (Guh-guh, Grandpa, Elliott, Mem, etc.). My mom wore a pedometer the 1st 2 days, and we are averaging about 5 to 6 miles a day. I'm hoping to lose the baby weight that I gained during my 11 weeks of pregnancy (I'm sure those of you who have lost a baby can sympathize with how much it sucks to have baby weight, but no baby). Hopefully, I'll be able to fit into my clothes again after this trip. Anyway...we've had 1 day at Epcot, 2 days at Magic Kingdom, and we are planning on going to Hollywood Studios tomorrow. O has been a trooper. She got scared yesterday during the Winnie-the-Pooh ride, and then we believed the guidebook when it said that the Haunted Mansion wasn't scary...mistake! It IS scary if you are 2 years old :( I sang "You are my sunshine" quietly into O's ear about 100 times as we went through the ride to help her feel less scared. Later, she told us that she was scared of the aliens in the Haunted House. She said they were tall and might get her. Poor baby! So, now she is scared of every indoor ride, but she loves the outdoor rides. She especially loves the carousel and the teacups. While we were spinning VERY fast on the teacups, she yelled "Ock and Oll!" (rock and roll). Now it's time for me to go to bed :)

8 comments:

  1. Whew, that is a lot of walking.
    Please do remember to take extra good care of yourself. The extra weight will come off in time. ((HUG))

    It's hard sometimes to think about what might be scary to little kids. Zara was terrified during a mild 4-D show we saw at Sea World this summer and she is usually a thrill seaker. When water fell from the ceiling in time with bird pooing sounds she lost it! I had to give her the baby's blanket to hide under and my cell phone to act as a flashlight in order for us to finish the show (not like we could climb out of the huge row we were stuck in).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully that exhaustion results in blissful uninterrupted sleep for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the Haunted Mansion is scary for the little ones. However, the worst is the Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios. I rode it once on our honeymoon and will never offer to take my children. When I got off there was a child aged 3 or 4 kicking her mother in the shins saying, "I hate you! I hate you! I told you I didn't want to go on that ride!" It was awful!

    I hope y'all have lots of fun tomorrow. We loved the show with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einstiens etc... It was neat. Surprisingly, the stunt car show was too much for the boys. Our favorite thing was a character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine with JoJo's Circus and Little Einstiens. Pricey, but we were able to get in around 10:30AM and were only 1 of 4 or 5 families. They play music and the kids can get up and dance. It was so much fun we've done it twice!

    Enjoy your day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you go back to the Magic Kingdom do the "Mickey's Philharmonic." Parts were in 3D, but both of the boys LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had lots of fun, despite the drama on the 'scary' ride. We live about 2 hours from Tokyo disneyland and disney sea but I still haven't made it to either of them. I am tempted to take Ebi-kun for the Christmas show though....

    Thanks for leaving a comment !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my 2-1/2-old little sister being paralyzed with fear after the Snow White ride. It's a pity that child-friendly characters can have not-so-child-friendly rides at Disney World!

    I can't wait to take our kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad yall are having fun! It's definitely a place where you just have to let the kids lead and you just follow. lol.

    ReplyDelete