Chasing Cheerios

Monday, April 13, 2009

Another Color Match with Clothespins

To make this activity, I put color dot stickers around a bowl and matching color dot stickers on the clothes pins. O matches the clothes pin with the correct color dot to the dot on the bowl.






This activity was very difficult for O at first because she was using her left hand, and it is not as strong as her right hand. I suggested that she try her right hand, and she was able to complete the task. She was VERY proud because she had planned to give up after the first try. I was proud of her for persisting until she finished :)






This activity is great for improving fine motor skills, hand-eye cooordination, and concentration. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I'm always seeing ideas like this, and thinking I'll try them later, but I'm trying to be more immediate. So I got out some mini clothes pins and a tiny little gatcha gatcha capsule bottom and some glittery heart stickers, because she loves things that are small. I know the larger clothes pins are better for hand strength. My daughter woke up in the middle, and was more interested in helping me put the stickers on the clothes pins than actually doing the activity, but it'll go on her shelf, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I just may have to 'steal' it ;-) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like something that my little boy would love to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, when I first saw that picture, I thought it was a crown that O was making. Would it work if you were to give her a band of stiff card that fitted her head, and then glue "jewels" to the top of the clothes pegs for her then to attach to the band to make a crown? Does that make sense? You could still do the colored dots, or you do a sequencing extension (blue jewel, red jewel, green jewel, blue jewel, red jewel, green jewel etc) Just an idea, I don't have my own kids yet, so I'm not sure whether it is a good idea or not :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great idea, Tess!!!

    ReplyDelete