Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Playdough Shelf- Revised


IMG_1995 (Large), originally uploaded by omamom16.

I quickly realized that the playdough shelf wasn't suiting O's needs, and I needed to revise it. I planned on her playing with her playdough at the shelf since she does her artwork at the shelf (it's the perfect height), but she was not interested in that at all! However, she only likes to play with playdough at the table, and she was carrying everything across the room to her frog table. That really didn't make any sense since there is a shelf right next to the frog table. So...I rearranged things and put the playdough and accessories on the IKEA shelf. This is much better, and she is almost constantly playing with playdough (although she's mainly interested in cutting out cookies with "duhkie cutters" instead of playing with her ice-cream maker).

5 comments:

  1. So how do you control the play-doh mess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, we have hardwood floors :) This would never work if we had carpet! So...the playdough "crumbs" are pretty easy to sweep up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh... very nice. I will soon have room for things like playdough. Little Logan has never even touched the stuff... isn't that sad? And now I will have a tile floor in my homeschool room and art will just open up for my kids. :) Beautiful!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts about this ice cream maker inspired me to buy one for our daughter for Christmas this year. I don't know who'll be more anxious to try it out -- me or her!! (or her brother!)

    ReplyDelete