Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Favorite Ornaments

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite ornaments. I love photo ornaments, and ornaments that have a story behind them :)
I made this ornament for O's 1st Christmas. I found the HUGE stocking at the dollar store, and we took LOTS of pictures of her laying on the couch in it before I was satisfied :) Then I cut out the picture, glued it to foam core board, cut it out with an x acto knife, decopaged it, and added a ribbon. It's a great keepsake, and O really loves it!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

This is O's 2nd Christmas photo ornament. I made it the same way that I made the first one. I need to start the 3rd one soon!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

We always try to buy an ornament when we travel, and this little wooden angel is from Poland. We bought her after hiking (and almost falling to our deaths) in the snowy mountains of Zakopane.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

This ornament came from Prague, which is one of our favorite cities. It opens and there is a tiny nesting doll inside.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

I love this felt frog. He came from Costa Rica where we also had a very scary experience. This was the trip that helped us decide to give up traveling to have a baby!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

We forgot to buy an ornament when we camped in Maine for our 2nd anniversary, so I had one made for Elliott for Christmas. This was our favorite vacation, and we can't wait to take O back one day!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Here's our little tree. It's small and simple, but we love it :)

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

9 comments:

  1. I love the ornament with the stocking...so cute!

    I have to ask where in Maine you visited, because I live in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your tree, very pretty. And you hve now got me thinking what I will make with Egg's face to go on my tree :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prague has to be my favorite city in the world :) I love the ornaments! Collecting ornaments from your travels is a good idea, we always pick up magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have really beautiful tree :-) When I saw this wooden angel, I thought it's from Poland.

    Have a beautiful Christmas.
    Greetings from Poland :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the great photo ornament ideas. I've been trying to figure out a way of tying in some of my daughters pics on ornaments. Awesome!
    And I love out of area ornaments. I have picked up some also when I've been out and about. Very cool. Nice to view them and remember the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! It's nice to have a story behind the ornaments on your tree.

    We will be going with a smaller tree next time around. Saves on space and it just looks cleaner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everybody!

    Innocent Observer- We flew into Portland, rented a car, and drove up the coast. We spent a few days at Lamoine State Park and Acadia. Then we went to Quoddy (sp) Head and a few other places (can't remember exactly) before heading back down. We stopped by Kennybunkport and a beach that I can't remember the name of. We were really lucky with campsites...we didn't reserve sites ahead of time, but somehow we ended up with best sits at all of the places :) We spent all but our last night camping. We had to let the tent dry out the last night since we didn't want to pack a wet tent :) We can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We made your painted glass ornaments today and they turned out so great!! Thanks for sharing all your great ideas! :) HEre are some pictures on my blog:


    http://hismercyisnew.com/blog/?p=514

    Candace

    ReplyDelete